Fall Grant Applications Now Available
Unity Gardens awards grants up to $1,000 for conservation landscaping projects in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. These grants are available to qualified nonprofit groups such as neighborhoods, faith-based organizations, schools, youth groups, community organizations and more. Grant applications are accepted in the spring (January 15-March 1) and the fall (June 15-August 1).
We prefer that organizations apply using our online grant application. To avoid surprises, please download a copy of the application in advance so you can prepare all the materials you need once you begin completing the online form. You will be asked to upload a Project Description, Proposed Budget, and Impact Statement.
Please read through the information on the page below, as it contains answers to most people’s questions. If you still have questions, you many email Joni at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for a Grant
- Grant Eligibility Requirements & Guidelines
- Unity Gardens Grant Application (online)
- Unity Gardens Grant Application (downloadable pdf)
- Unity Gardens Budget Worksheet
Helpful Tips: Native Plants, Design Tool, Project How-To’s
- How to Choose & Find Native Plants
- Online Yard Design Tool
- Project How-To’s: Instructions on 100+ projects for everyone!
- Helpful Tips: Grant projects can receive wholesale pricing through our partners at Patuxent Nursery and Babikow
Helpful Tips: Budget Form & Funding Tips
- Blank Budget Worksheet
- Sample Project Budget – Simple
- Sample Project Budget with Shared Funding
- Acquiring Resources & Funding
Helpful Tips: Planting Day
Helpful Tips: Sharing Your Project
Helpful Tips: Maintaining Your Project
Finalizing the Project: Develop a Final Report
Other Helpful Resources
- Unity Gardens Grantee Projects: Photos, Maps & More!
- Online Resources for Native Plants, Landscaping for Wildlife, Project How-To’s & More
- Many of the above tips can be found in: Schoolyard Habitat Project Guide from the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. You can also request a free print copy by mail at: R8schoolyardhabitat@fws.gov.