Spring Grant Cycle
About Our Grants
Unity Gardens awards Small Grants grants up to $500 and Large Grants up to $1,000 for conservation landscaping projects in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. These grants are available to qualified nonprofit groups such as neighborhoods, faith-based organizations, schools, youth groups, scouts, community organizations and more. Grant applications are accepted in the spring (January 15-March 1) and the fall (June 15-August 1).
Are you already a Unity Gardens grant recipient? Visit our Grantee Resource Page
Apply for a Grant
We prefer that organizations apply using our online grant application. To avoid surprises, please download a PDF copy of the application in advance to use as a reference as you prepare all the materials you need once you begin completing the online form. Prepare the following files as you will be asked to upload a Project Description, Photos of the Site, Sketch of the Proposed Garden, and a Proposed Budget (save in Excel or Google Sheets) and Impact Statement.
Please read through the information on the page below, as it contains answers to most people’s questions. If you still have questions, you many email Joni Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grant Eligibility Requirements & Guidelines
- Unity Gardens Grant Application (online) Available starting January 15
- Unity Gardens Grant Application (pdf)
- Unity Gardens Grant Application (Word doc)
- Unity Gardens Grant Application Budget Worksheet
Helpful Tips: Writing a Successful Application
Your chance of receiving a grant decreases if you are missing attachments or we have to contact you for questions or clarification. Below, we’ve included parts of GREAT past applications you can use as guides:
- Project Description
- Photos of Site
- Maintenance Plan
- Planting Plan Hand-drawn
- Planting Plan – Computer generated
- Sample Project Budget – Simple
- Sample Project Budget with Shared Funding
Helpful Tips: Budget Form & Funding Tips
Helpful Tips: Native Plants, Design Tool, Project How-To’s
- How to Choose & Find Native Plants
- Online Yard Design Tool
- Project How-To’s: Instructions on 100+ projects for everyone!
- Helpful Tips: Grant projects can receive wholesale pricing through our partners at Patuxent Nursery and Babikow
Helpful Tips: Maintaining Your Project
Helpful Tips: Planting Day
Helpful Tips: Sharing Your Project
Other Helpful Resources
- Unity Gardens Grantee Projects: Photos, Maps & More!
- Online Resources for Native Plants, Landscaping for Wildlife, Project How-To’s & More
- Many of the above tips can be found in: Schoolyard Habitat Project Guide from the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. You can also request a free print copy by mail at: R8schoolyardhabitat@fws.gov.
To receive notifications about upcoming grants and to keep up with other Unity Gardens’ news, sign up for our e-newsletter HERE.